[jcifs] Davenport Issue Report - User log in caching in Davenport

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Aug 31 07:25:04 GMT 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:20:46 +0800
"Jarrah Hands" <jhands at nd.edu.au> wrote:

> the web.xml file or does it go deeper then that. It is my understanding that
> this is an issue with JCIFS.

Not really. It is a synergistic effect between Samba and JCIFS. Because
JCIFS reuses transports for any communication with that server,
when you funnel all sessions through one JCIFS instance (Davenport)
you effectively multiplex all requests over one transport. When this
happends Samba displays all virtual directories associated with the peer
and thus the problem.

You can set ssnLimit to 1 causing each session to be created over it's
own transport but that eliminates the efficiency benifits of multiplexing
all communication over the same transport.

Or you can ask the Samba guys to change the code but I doubt they will
as the behavior is not an "error" since the whole home directories thing
is a Sambaism.