[jcifs] Failed to negotiate with a suitable domain Controller

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Aug 23 17:35:16 GMT 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:51:30 +0100
"Tazwell Jeffries" <taswell.jeffries at perspicuity.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am hitting the same issue: 'Failed to negotiate with a suitable domain controller'......and according to Mike, I need to set the laddr property so that jcif communicate on the right network interface....... (http://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2005-August/005312.html)

The laddr thing has been fixed in 1.2.2 so unless your using an older version of jCIFS it's probably not responsible. In fact someone just posted the SmbTransport exception that's ultimately causing this (Invalid payload size: 1) which suggests the problem is completely different.

Can anyone confirm that the 1.2 filter actually works at all or is this localized to certain environments?