[jcifs] Failed to negotiate / Invalid payload size: 1

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Aug 23 17:31:06 GMT 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:00:07 +0200
"Sobotka, Marcin" <Marcin.Sobotka at domdata.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I send you the log file (loglevel3 and loglevel99 - frame visible)
> I don't know the communication protocol,
> but it seems that response is broken or bad handled.

jcifs.smb.SmbException:
jcifs.util.transport.TransportException
java.io.IOException: Invalid payload size: 1
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.negotiate(SmbTransport.java:254)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.doConnect(SmbTransport.java:274)
	at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.run(Transport.java:204)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Whoops. Yeah, somethings definitely handled incorrectly here. I don't
see anything obviously wrong in the protocol decoder.

Now I *definitely* need a capture of this. Can someone send me one?