[jcifs] jcifs 1.2.1 vs 1.1.11

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Aug 19 19:23:29 GMT 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:18:05 +0200
"Haidl Christoph" <Christoph.Haidl at oekb.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> now I got complete (hopefully) captures of both cases and the corresponding serverlogs.

I don't know if I forgot about this or what but I don't see the traffic in capture that corresponds to the error in the log. I see nothing but successful communication. The only strange thing is that the 1.2 capture has username gruppen-something rather than jcifs-authenticator like in the 1.1 capture.

I did add an extra debugging statement that will print the exception that's causing the "Failed validate DC" condition.

One thing that *might* be an issue is how jcifs binds the local interface. There is a bug (that I'm about to fix) that can cause jCIFS to bind 127.0.0.1 which is bad. The workaround is to set jcifs.smb.client.laddr to the interface of the network on which you will be communicating with the DCs.

So I recommend trying 1.2.2 when I release it RSN.