[jcifs] NTLM/SSL

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Aug 18 01:01:59 GMT 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:30:52 +0100
"O'ROURKE, Tom, FM IT" <tom.orourke at rbos.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply
>

> We have NTLM authentication on our proxies (global policy), web sites are
> not NTLM, ie I am trying to get to a plain SSL web site. If I use http it is
> ok, if I use https I get the below tunnelling error.
>
> I have the NTLM authentication working to get through the proxies to get to
> a seired internet site, my trouble is trying to get to an SSL site.

Well I thought this worked. Maybe it only works if both NTLM and SSL are at the same site as opposed to NTLM on the proxy and SSL on the target. Although I should think that would work as well.

I think you have to get a packet capture to see what's going on. If you don't know the NTLM HTTP protocol you can send the capture to me.

Mike