[jcifs] Re: 3ed packet capture, from domain, new dfs root

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Aug 17 16:50:33 GMT 2005

Well I still can't seem to narrow down where the clients are getting
their DFS mappings. I see referrals but it's not clear how they knew to
query in the first place.

I've asked about this on the samba-technical list. Maybe they can
provide some insight. Your captures are good. They will be useful I
think. Ultimately though I think it will be necessary to experiment on
real DFS shares but I'm not sure when I'm going to have an opportunity
to do that. I'll keep the list posted.

Mike