[jcifs] NTLM/SSL

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Aug 17 16:17:29 GMT 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:05:32 +0100
"O'ROURKE, Tom, FM IT" <tom.orourke at rbos.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a working HTTP client through our NTLM proxies - this is fine.
> However I need to be able to get to an HTTPS site, can I do this ?
>
> I am using version JCIFS.1.2.1
>
> The error I currently get is :
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Unable to tunnel through
> proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required"

This is proxy authentication not SSL. What exact type of proxy
authentication is being used? Does the plain HTTP client work through the
proxy? Try going to a non-NTLM site through the proxy to test that. I
think you might need to provide separate credentials for the proxy and
then NTLM credentials for the NTLM site.