[jcifs] Any improvement to DFS connections?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Aug 17 00:51:45 GMT 2005

There are apparently two different flavors of DFS. One is documented in
the CIFS spec and describes a referral mechanism. JCIFS fully supports
this form of DFS. There is a second form which clients apparently
pre-populate their DFS mappings perhaps during logon or through some
kind of AD communication. JCIFS does not support this form at all and
will not in the near future.

Mike