[jcifs] Re: SmbFile.delete

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Aug 16 04:07:55 GMT 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:28:01 +0000 (UTC)
Koji <seaslug at hotmail.co.jp> wrote:
> > Post the UNC path and corresponding SMB URL you are using that represents
> > the file to be deleted. I suspect your SMB URL is invalid.
>
> Thanks for your quick response.
>
> SMB URL is "smb://server.domain.co.jp/sharedfolder/home/koji/test/".
> Seems like UNC depends on command. In queryPath, UNC seems to be
> "\server.domain.co.jp\SHAREDFOLDER\home\koji\test\test.txt".
> In delete UNC seems to be "\home\koji\test\test.txt".

I don't mean that UNC. I mean the Windows UNC path. I mean the path that
you need to type into Start > Run on a windows machine to get to the
target resource. Figure out what it is and verify that it works with
Windows. It should be something like:

  \\server\share\path\file.txt

If it doesn't work then maybe you have the wrong path?

When you do figure out what it is, flip the slashes around and add 'smb:'
to the beginning like:

  smb://server/share/path/file.txt

Also, instead of testing with the delete command perhaps you should just
try the Exists.java example until you figure out what the URL really is.