[jcifs] RE: Older versions of JCIFS

Aaron J Weber aweber at comcast.net
Wed Aug 3 16:05:33 GMT 2005

Depending upon your version of Webtop, the container isn't responding correctly, and every frame is actually re-authenticating the user.  This is not only inefficient, but dangerous as likely the AD server's bandwidth is being consumed and occasionally is unable to respond in a timely manner, which forces the logon screen.

If you turn tracing up for jcifs in the web.xml file, you'll see what I mean.  I'm looking into how to correct this.

The other possible problem is that the 1.1.x versions do not support the default serialization WDK 5.3 uses for session failover when running in Weblogic or Websphere clusters...I have not checked whether the later versions of the jar allow for serialization, maybe Michael can comment on that.

-Aaron