[jcifs] RE: Older versions of JCIFS

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Aug 3 15:56:55 GMT 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:47:05 +0100
"Tazwell Jeffries" <taswell.jeffries at perspicuity.co.uk> wrote:

> We are using JCIFS for our Documentum Webtop SSO...
>
> The Current version of jcifs we are using is 1.1.0...
>
> We have the following problems:
>
> Users ocasionally get the Java ConcurrentModificationException error (This is fixed in jcifs-1.1.3)
> Also, when authenticating against a Domain instead of directly against a specific domain controller, we get the following ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException error. (This is fixed in jcifs-1.1.5)

I believe these problems are fixed in later versions.

> For both versions 1.1.11 and 1.2.1, we encounter a problem.
>
> The problem is such that the user is able to login successfully via the SSO, and navigate the directory structure fine - up to  a certain point where the user then gets prompted to enter in a username/password....The user account eventually locks out in AD......

What do you mean by "navigate the directory structure"? Are you using the NetworkExplorer Servlet or Davenport or something like it? If so, is that "certain point" always the same? Perhaps it's a permissions problem?

> I would like to know what is the possibility of me getting JCIFS version 1.1.5 to test......Or would you know what the reason for the problem is - and advise how to fix it?

I would rather you find out what's wrong with the latest version. I can give you an old version but I will not help you debug problems with any versions other than the latest.