[jcifs] RE: FW: Connecting to DFS Roots

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Apr 7 23:27:38 GMT 2005

Daniel Palmer said:
> So to answer your question 1: how does explorer know to ask for a DFS
> referral - it just tries it first.

I don't think it's that simple or clients would blindly try to get DFS
referrals all the time and we don't see that.

> I'm guessing this is prob a 2.x job :)

Definately. Worse, I can't do spit until I understand what needs to
happen. Maybe we'll run into someone who really knows DFS and they'll
instruct us. For now, I'm pulling this out of my issues folder.

Thanks for the feedback though. As GI-Joe used to say "knowing is half the
battle" :->