[jcifs] Davenport questions

Kevin Chan kevin at media.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 30 16:43:48 GMT 2004

Hi,

I hope I am sending this question to the right mailing list, I found this
address at:

http://davenport.sourceforge.net/troubleshooting.html

so please redirect me if these questions should be directed elsewhere.

My first question has to do with the fact that a file share named
"Administrative" that I have created shows up via samba perfectly fine;
however, it did not appear via Davenport (either the web interface nor via
Web folders/Webdav). I believe this may have some to do with the fact that
there is already an "Admin$" share - which is part of my second question.
(Not sure why, but this is not the same case for a share with "IPC" at the
beginning of its share name.)

My second question has to do with IPC$ and Admin$ shares showing up via
Davenport. Is there a way to hide these shares?

If you require any additional information about these matters, please let
me know.

Thanks,

Kevin Chan

Systems Administrator