[jcifs] Re: jarapac, idlc, and TNG

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Sep 28 01:14:12 GMT 2004

Elrond said:
> To be honest, I don't really want to mess with the idl
> parser at all. I just want to write the emitter for C.

Oh, yeah, don't mess with the parser. You shouldn't have to touch that at
all. ALL information in the IDL is represented in the symbol tree. If you
find something wrong with the parser send me a mail. AFAIK it's golden.
It's non-validating ball of speghetti but the symbol tree it generates
should be perfect and that's what really matters.

> And I surely will take a look at the java emitter a lot.
> (In fact, I already did and started rewriting current tng's
> marshalling code in response to seeing it.)

Always make sure you're using the latest version of idlc. The 0.4 release
really changed in particular. Things are very fluid right now.