[jcifs] Re: jarapac, idlc, and TNG

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Sep 27 23:24:06 GMT 2004

Elrond said:
> Also I'm quite undecided, if the emited code should do
> marshallng and unmarshalling in one function (which current

Well I'll write the skeleton and leave it to you to play with. If your
code isn't really generic that's ok. I only ask that you stick to strictly
confomant MIDL compatible IDL [1]. We want to increase demand for it so we
can use it too. If you end up with [value(r->len)] PIDL kinds of stuff
your on your own :-)

> [...]
>> It's eric.glassATgm ail.com.
>
> Is he on jcifs? if so, he might already have read this.

Yes but he has a tendency to disappear for a while sometimes so ...

Mike

[1] Although the Java emitter currently supports an optional operation
numer [op(0x01)] attribute that is not supported by MIDL. I could just not
bear to have a bunch of dummy functions.