[jcifs] idlc-0.4.0 and jarapac-0.3.5 released

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Sep 24 05:31:18 GMT 2004

The IDLC Java emitter has been re-written. Some critical observations
were made that lead to a fundamental change in strategy. Still I feel
like there's an elegant solution to encoding NDR but I just can't quite
zero in on it.

At any rate the stubs seem to work ok. I haven't had a chance to play with
them too much. I get all the way through opening lsarpc, querying the
account domain, and closing though. Trying to then do a samr operation
with the domain account SID fails however even though the format looks
good in Ethereal. I think there might be a problem with sequential calls
on different interfaces in Jarapac maybe. It faulted with a bad opcode
or some such.

I tried michealm's svcctl.idl and compiled it but never actually got
around to trying it (actually I tried it on samba 2.x but of course it
doesn't export that interface). It's integrated into the Jarapac examples
directory. I edited it blindly so I seriously doubt it still works. I'll
play around with it next week.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.