[jcifs] Role based NTLM

Manju_Panjwani at DadeBehring.com Manju_Panjwani at DadeBehring.com
Wed Sep 1 18:37:19 GMT 2004

Newbie question-
I am trying to check whether user belongs to a particular group using  the
jci-fs extension filter

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcifs-ext/

I have made the required changes to web.xml file.
but the call to the method isUserInRole("GROUPNAME") always returns false.
For e.g. the user belongs to Administrators group but
request.isUserInRole("Administrators") always returns false
Do I have to configure the roles in TOMCAT as well? What else do I need to
configure?
Please help.
Thanks
-Manju

THIS E-MAIL MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY MATERIAL FOR THE SOLE
USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT.  ANY REVIEW, USE, DISTRIBUTION OR DISCLOSURE
BY OTHERS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT,
OR AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE THE INFORMATION FROM THE RECIPIENT, PLEASE CONTACT
THE SENDER BY REPLY E-MAIL AND DELETE ALL COPIES OF THIS MESSAGE.