[jcifs] Unknown NTStatus

Carsten cad at halvotec.de
Mon Oct 11 14:25:52 GMT 2004

Hello there,

in my project I'm using jcifs-0.9.6 and the NTLMHttpFilter to authenticate
users with NTLM to an active directory domain controller. A week ago we have
changed our environment to WebLogic 8.1 SP 2 with jdk1.4.2. For four days the
application ran without any problem. From one day to another the domain
controller has answered the jcifs request with an NTStatus '-1073741715'. I
couldn't found anything about such an NTStatus.
The problem is that it appeared on two independent servers with the same
configuration, calling the same DC. The error started on both servers nearly at
the same time.
Does anyone know about a bug in jcifs which will cause such behaviour? When
there is no bug in jcifs which can explain such behaviour, what must happen, to
occur such an error? Maybe some Privileges that will be changed on the DC or
Active Directory?

thanks in advance

Carsten