[jcifs] Re: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

Johan Danforth johandanforth at bredband.net
Tue Nov 30 17:02:48 GMT 2004

I got the very same problem when using jcifs 1.1.0 under Vignette Application
Portal (VAP) 7.1 and WebLogic 8.1:

Error 500--Internal Server Error
	at java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.checkForComodification
(LinkedList.java:548)
	at java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.next(LinkedList.java:484)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.getSmbSession(SmbTransport.java:235)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:155)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:150)
	at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:155)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter
(FilterChainImpl.java:27)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run
(WebAppServletContext.java:6316)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs
(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs
(SecurityManager.java:118)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet
(WebAppServletContext.java:3622)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute
(ServletRequestImpl.java:2569)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)

Didn't experience this problem with an older version of jcifs, but we used an
older version of WebLogic too, if that makes any difference. I don't think so,
but anyway. This is a showstopper for us :(

Wishing for a quick bug fix...

/Johan