[jcifs] How will NTLM HTTP Authentication work in more than one domain

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Nov 2 17:19:57 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:55:42 +0800
"Guofeng Zhang" <guofeng at radvision.com> wrote:

> Image there are two NT domains (for example A, B) managed by two Windows
> 2000 servers separately. My web application runs on domain A. Can NTLM
> HTTP Authentication successfully authenticate a user from domain B?
>
> Or simply configure the two domains to trust each other?. How to
> configure jcifs.http.domainController?

>From the NTLM HTTP Authentication documentation [1]:

"Either a jcifs.smb.client.domain or jcifs.smb.client.domainController
property is required. This will be suitable to authenticate clients that are
members of the specified domain as well as other domains with which it has
trusts relationships."

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.