[jcifs] jCIFS NtlmHttpFilter

Brett Beaumont brett.beaumont at sytec.co.nz
Wed May 5 22:44:32 GMT 2004

We need to implement NTLM security for an intranet. We currently use Apache
mod_ntlm but have been encountering problems under load and we're
considering moving to the NtlmHttpFilter and pushing the authentication down
to Tomcat.

I've tested out the filter locally and it appears to do everything we need.

We have a maximum of about 4000 users that use the intranet (though it would
be unlikely that they'd all use it at the same time). Has anybody had
experience with using the NtlmHttpFilter with a site of this size (or
larger)? Are there any issues that we need to be aware of, or any particular
settings that need to be configured?

Also, I've seen a few messages about SMB Signing with Win2003 causing
problems. Does this affect the NtlmHttpFilter?

I look forward to your response,

Brett Beaumont