[jcifs] Dealing with simultaneous users in a Win2k3 environment

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Mar 19 21:25:42 GMT 2004

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 01:02:56PM -0800, Michael Kerley wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply.

We try (as long as you're not selling medications).  ;)

> > > 1. new SmbFile("smb://").listFiles()  --> Fails (expected because no
> > > authentication was given)
> >
> > Actually I don't recall ever seeing this fail. All systems that I work
> > with use null credentials to get the list of domains. Maybe Win2k3 changed
> > that. Donno. What was the error?
>
> I think Win2k3 did change it.  Here's what I'm seeing:
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbException: Unverifiable signature.

Ah!  Yeah, W2K3 has MAC Signing turned on by default.  I guess that's true
even for a NetServerEnum2() requests.

:
> If I call SmbFile.getType(), that works fine.  I haven't tried copying any
> files or anything more "elaborate" than SmbFile.listFiles()/SmbFile.list()
> yet.

It *may* be that this has to do with the point in the protocol at which
MAC signing starts up.  I can't remember off hand how that info is
obtained.  Urg.  I've really got to read the code more.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org