[jcifs] credentials while accessing the file on localhost

Naved Khan navedk at cybage.com
Mon Mar 1 07:34:46 GMT 2004

I tried using smb://user:@server, smb://:@server, smb://user@server and
smb://server/shared/.  All give me the "Access denied" exception.
Yes I use a username/password to login to my win 2000 machine. When I set
the username and password either in the smb url string or in the
jcifs.smb.client properties, it works fine. But my requirement was to access
shared folders using anonymous login (for shares that do not require
user/pwd like local shares).
I can use net use successfully without providing any credentials though:
C:\>net use \\naved\shared
The command completed successfully.

Thanks,
Naved