[jcifs] Tomcat 4.1.27 and NTLM HTTP clients

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sun Jun 27 03:41:35 GMT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:35:13 -0700 (PDT)
Persona Non Grata <nongrata at yahoo.com> wrote:

> All:
>
> I've  had  a  NTLM HTTP client working on an earlier
> version of Tomcat
> with  jCIFS  0.8.x  but  I  can't get it to work on
> Tomcat 4.1.27 with
> 0.9.1  (all on Win2k). I added the jCIFS JAR directly
> to classpath (in
> setclasspath.bat) and told the JVM to use jCIFS URL
> handler. When I do
> url.openStream()  from my client (inside a webapp), I
> consistently get
> Sun's URL handler. How do I fix this?

Sounds like a classloader issue. This will probably require some trial
and error to see why the jCIFS handler isn't installed or isn't available
through whatever class loader. Try jCIFS 0.8 with the new version of
TC. Try the old version of TC with the new version of jCIFS. Etc.

If you try to create an smb URL do you get a protocol handler exception?

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.