[jcifs] the referenced account is currently locked out

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sun Jun 27 03:24:21 GMT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:05:08 +0200
Jens.Mueller at dbv-winterthur.de wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I used long time jcifs 0.7.19 to authenticate a webapplication and updated
> yesterday to 0.9.2. No I get this error, when I try to connect:
>
> The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on
> to.

This is occurring because the authentication is failing repeatly and
the security policy requires that a certain number of attempts should
lock the account in question. We would need a packet capture [1] of CIFS
and HTTP traffic on the webapplication server to see precisely why this
is happening.

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.