[jcifs] problem when use jcifs ntlm auth for http connection

dtung david.tung at polycom.com
Mon Jun 14 21:37:16 GMT 2004

Hi,

I tried the example program: NtlmHttpClient.java, it works for me except when I
tried the failure test case, it takes for a while ( ~15 sec) to retrun back to
me and got the exception:

Caused by: java.net.ProtocolException: Server redirected too many  times (20)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream
(HttpURLConnection.java:800)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderField
(HttpURLConnection.java:1479)
	at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpURLConnection.parseResponseCode
(NtlmHttpURLConnection.java:408)
	at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpURLConnection.doConnect
(NtlmHttpURLConnection.java:439)

I tried jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout to set to smaller number (2000) but it
doesn't seem to work. I need the control to return back much faster when login
failed, else, it will cause big issue in heavily loaded system

thanks