[jcifs] Re: SPNEGO NTLM/Kerberos

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Jun 2 03:05:41 GMT 2004

Michael B Allen wrote:
:
> The most important thing is that we keep the API small and simple. That
> makes it easy to use, easy to document, and keeps the daemons at bay. Of
> course that demands forethought or painful refactoring (mutually
> exclusive) which takes a lot of time but pays off big in the long run.

One of the ideas I had way back in the midsts of time was that jCIFS, being
built on Java, would be small and suitable for use in embedded systems.
That was an original goal and I am glad that jCIFS has taken on a life of
its own.

Still, it would be nice if some of that spirit were to carry over.  I would
like to see the project minimize the set of requirements (which libraries,
which version of Java, etc.) and external dependancies.

Thems my 2cents on goals.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org