[jcifs] Using port 445 instead of 139 with NtlmHttpFilter

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Jul 26 15:20:48 GMT 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 04:47:55PM +0200, m_stanski at poczta.onet.pl wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> I am writing a web application which needs a domain authentication, so?�I
> used a?�NtlmHttpFilter and it worked great.
>
> Unfortunatelly, recently there has been?�a reconfiguration of Domain
> Controllers, port 139 ?�has been blocked and the filter doesn't work any
> longer (SmbException).
>
> I was advised to change my aplication to use 445 port (NetBios over TCP/IP).

Port 139 is the NetBIOS over TCP Session Service port.  Port 445 is SMB
over raw TCP (no NetBIOS).

The semantics of the two ports are the same, though the services offered
might differ.

> Is it possible to configure jCifs to use port 445 instead of 139 ?

Which version of jCIFS are you using.  If I recall correctly, Mike
recently made some fixes in this area.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org