[jcifs] JCIFS Windows vs Linux

Al apotti at umich.edu
Mon Jul 26 16:19:47 GMT 2004

Hi,

It's my first time using JCIFS, and I've come up with a problem that I have no
clue on how to attack. I'm running JCIFS in conjunction with Tomcat to perform
NTLM authentication on a bunch of servlets (on my webapp). I installed the jar
file and modified the web.xml files as indicated in the docs, and booted the
webapp with the filter mapped to my webapp. Here is my filter config in the
web.xml:

<filter>
    <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
        <param-value>***</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
        <param-value>***</param-value>
    </init-param>
</filter>

With the stars being actual values (covered for security purposes, blah) and
the filter works with the Windows machine (it connects to the domain and
authenticates me and posts me as the user. So I installed the same thing on
the Linux machine. Same webapp, same config files, same everything, just
different server. However, when I use the EXACT same filter mapping with the
Linux box, it just crashes. No exception report, no errors caught in any of
the log files, nothing. All I get is a dead "page cannot be displayed". I know
jCIFS can connect to the domain, since it works on the Windows version, but it
refuses to connect on Linux.

Can anyone help (or at least turn on some logger function?)

Thanks
Al