[jcifs] Re: Fw: SQL Server 6.5 and named pipes

David D. Kilzer ddkilzer at kilzer.net
Sun Jul 18 21:54:54 GMT 2004

I don't think there will be any licensing issues per the recent
discussions.  :)

The jCIFS team (via Michael) said that they're willing to make changes
to jCIFS to help jTDS talk to SQL Server via named pipes.  I also think
the jTDS team would prefer to distribute an unmodified jCIFS with their
JDBC driver in order to support named pipes.

And just to reiterate my goals:

  1. Hack on jTDS and jCIFS to get them talking to SQL Server 6.5 via
     named pipes.

  2. Provide patches to both the jTDS and jCIFS development teams.

  3. Work with both teams to clean up the patches so that they may be
     integrated into each project, and so that jTDS may distribute an
     unmodified jCIFS library to provide named pipe support.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, though!

Dave