[jcifs] how to authenticate, NTLM protected IMAP/POP3 server (Microsoft-exchange)

Hemanth Kumar A Hemanth.Kumar at igate.com
Wed Jul 7 17:53:01 GMT 2004

Hi,
I was trying to write a client program which will connect to NTLM enabled IMAP/POP3
server like Microsoft exchange) using javamail.

When I was trying to implement jcifs, I am able to authenticate with the following code

NtlmPasswordAuthentication auth =
   new NtlmPasswordAuthentication("CORRECT.DOMAIN", "user1", "secret");
SmbSession.logon(new UniAddress(InetAddress.getByName("correct.servername.com")),auth);

But how can I correlate above jcifs mechanism into the following situation

POP3Client pop = new POP3Client(); -
pop.setHost("correctservername");
pop.setUser("user1");
pop.setPassword("secret");
pop.connect(); - This throws "connection refused" error(which is correct behavier).

Please can some suggest me, how can achive NTLM authentication for IMAP/POP3 server from my client program using jcifs API.

Thanks in advance

Hemanth