[jcifs] NTLM Auth - Multiple domain definition

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Jan 14 02:16:22 GMT 2004

> Hello Mike,
>
> I tried to use the name of domain and WINS so I was not dependent on 1 DC.
> But I need to set about ten different domain names (they are all trusted).
>
> So as far as I know it is not possible yet, am I right?

If the domains have trust relationships then just pick one. It will authenticate a
user in another domain.

> Probably I will use the alternative with DC because users from different
> domains can be authenticated. If domain controller is down our monitoring
> tools will inform us and we can change web.xml and redirect it on another
> DC.

That's really the only issue at the moment; there's no graceful failover for WINS
and domain controllers.

--
A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are