[jcifs] NTLM Auth - Multiple domain definition

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Jan 8 21:13:13 GMT 2004

> Hi,
>
> I use NTLM Authentication (jcifs 0.7.17) and it works fine. But users of
> my application will access from different domains (less than 10). Could
> you please help me how to define jcifs.smb.client.domain parameter to be
> able to authenticate against different domain in our company network?

It is not possible to authenticate users of totally unrelated domains through the
same jCIFS Filter. This is such an unusual case that I do not believe it will ever
be supported.

You can however authenticate against any number of domains that have trust
relationships or the equivalent in an AD network. Any domain controller that has a
relationship with other domains can authenticate clients for those domains.

A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are
conceptually similar and, more  important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.