[jcifs] login popup

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Jan 6 00:22:38 GMT 2004

> I have the NtlmHttpFilter running in my webapp
>
> When I login from the local machine it works as expected
>
> When I login from another machine on the network, it always popup with the
> login screen
>
> The domain authentication is working, as non correct user credentials are
> not allowed in, and request.getRemoteUser() works correctly

Is the client machine a member of the domain against which you are authenticating?

Is the client Web Browser IE or a version of Mozilla that supports NTLM HTTP
Authentication?

What version of jCIFS are you using?

If the answers are Yes, Yes, and 0.7.17 or 0.8.0b then please send me a packet
capture directly:

  http://users.erols.com/mballen/jcifs/capture.html

A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are
conceptually similar and, more  important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.