[jcifs] Re: JCIFS 0.9 Objectives

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Feb 12 21:06:25 GMT 2004

Julian Reschke said:
> eglass1 at comcast.net wrote:
>
>>>1) I still consider it a bug, because it's not documented and
>>>inconsistent with java.io.File.
>>>
>>>2) I just tried DosFileFilter as workaround, and this seems to work. Can
>>>I rely on the constructor with ("*", 0xff) to really return all files?
>>>

>> I'm kind of on the fence on this one; on the one hand, it would seem
>> reasonable to hide hidden files (since they are, you know, hidden).  On
>> the
>
> Hiding files is UI functionality. Show me a single filesystem API that
> excludes hidden files by default...

This is a good argument. I've been on the fence with this as well. I'll
change it if that's what people want.

Also, I forgot to mention that the listFiles( SmbFileFilter ) should
definately include hidden files and I will fix that regardless. It's
probably a trivial fix as well in which case I will get it in the next 0.8
update.