[jcifs] Re: davenport

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Feb 9 09:37:08 GMT 2004

eglass1 at comcast.net said:
> Mike/All,
>
> I had the question below raised regarding browsing servers, and figured it
> had probably been addressed previously; basically, some servers don't show
> up in what amounts to a listFiles() on a workgroup.  The servers can be
> contacted directly, etc.  I'm guessing there is a simple explanation, I
> just can't think of one off the top of my head.  Anybody?

This could be a lot of things. NetServerEnum is limited to 15 ASCII
characters. It may be that the FQDN is being used and is different from
the NetBIOS name. If the list of server names is too big to fit in the 64K
NetServerEnum response (possibly because there are lots of comments) it
will be truncated. Or if the user takes a capture [1] and confirms that
the entries of interest are indeed returned then it is a bug in jCIFS.

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html