[jcifs] CVS question

David D.Kilzer ddkilzer at kilzer.net
Sat Dec 18 04:31:31 GMT 2004

Directories are created the same way that files are created:

$ cvs add dirname
$ cvs add filename

The only difference is that directories are added on the server-side,
and do not need to be "checked in" (committed), unlike newly added
files.

The problem you're describing below is a server-side problem with
creating "lock directories" before checking in.  Either the server
doesn't have permission to create the directories on that path, or the
directories already exist.

BTW, if you're using an IDE like Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA, they have
built-in tools to help you manage your code in CVS repositories.

Dave