[jcifs] NTLM and Windows 2003

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Aug 27 20:23:12 GMT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:58:50 +0200
Ingo Rockel <irockel at pironet-ndh.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to run jcifs with Windows 2003 but with no luck so
> far. The authentication request always fails. Testing against a WinNT
> Domain Controller and Windows 2000 controller just works fine, but Win
> 2003 fails. I tried the stuff described in:
> http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html#signing but without
> any luck.
>
> According to the logs, jcifs first tries to connect with the correct
> user, without any response from the server and afterwards tries to
> connect as "guest", but without luck as this account is disabled. Any
> Ideas?

This is supposed to work and AFAIK it does with the proper config. The
quickest way to decipher what is happening is to get a packet capture [1]
with tcpdump/Ethereal on the webserver and send it to me directly. Also,
describe

1) Container and any "adapters" or modjk, etc.
2) Server os
3) Client browser

and post the filter section of your web.xml. We really need ALL of this
information or there will be a log of guessing.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.