[jcifs] cifs and rap

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Aug 11 17:48:29 GMT 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:54:16 +0000 (UTC)
carsten <cad at halvotec.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I try to authenticate to a nt domain controller by using jcifs. After
> authentication I want to get the groups of authenticated user by using
> jcifs- ext and the rap extension of it. The domain controller will
> authenticate the user, but when I try to get the user groups the domain
> controller will respond with a result of 5, which means that the user has
> insufficient privilege. Which

Actually it doesn't mean "insufficient privilege" exactly. What's the
full stack-trace? NT_STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION has special meaning for
jCIFS. If the NtlmPasswordAuthentication object was created with a server
challenge different from a server different from the server with which
you are trying to use the credentials you will get this error indicating
that the negotiate credentials are invalid for the target.

What does your web.xml file look like (what jcifs properties do you
have set)?

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.