Fwd: [jcifs] No response to NTLM challenge: **SOLVED**

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 14:12:52 GMT 2004

Forgot to zip for the list.

Eric

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Glass <eric.glass at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:09:20 -0400
Subject: Re: [jcifs] No response to NTLM challenge: **SOLVED**
To: "steven.durkin at scotland.gsi.gov.uk" <steven.durkin at scotland.gsi.gov.uk>
Cc: jackie.davis at scotland.gsi.gov.uk, jcifs at lists.samba.org,
john.knowles at scotland.gsi.gov.uk

Attached are patched versions of the TypeX messages to indicate
support for 128- and 56-bit encryption; this would fix this issue for
people who have registry settings indicating those as a requirement.
It probably won't help your case though (as your box is requiring
NTLM2).

Support for handling the NTLM2 session response on the server side
(i.e. in the filter) would require extended security support in jCIFS.
This is on the horizon, but not in the immediate future I'm afraid :(

Eric

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:02:08 +0100, steven.durkin at scotland.gsi.gov.uk