[jcifs] nbtscan and mac addresses

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Aug 5 21:22:04 GMT 2004

Torsten Curdt said:
> Eric,
>
> thanks a lot for the snippet... again.
>
>> Note that you may have to configure some of the jCIFS properties;
>> specifically, to reach hosts on another subnet you'll need to specify
>> the IP address of a WINS server in "jcifs.netbios.wins".
>
> Is there any other way of specifing the WINS server?
> Maybe not as a global setting?

Yes. The jcifs.netbios.getByName method that accepts a svr parameter.
Also, in the future we will permit a query string parameter like:

 smb://name/?WINS=192.168.1.10

But right now the only accepted query string parameter is 'SERVER' but
that just overrides the result of the name query and not the server used
to resolve a name. I think it would be pretty easy to add it though.