[jcifs] re-authentication / password

karla.smith at vectorsgi.com karla.smith at vectorsgi.com
Wed Aug 4 17:15:12 GMT 2004

Newbie question:

Is it possible to extract the password after authenticating a user using
NTLM HTTP authentication ?

We will authenticate the user using the servlet filter.  Then we need to
re-authenticate the user when going through web services.  To do so, we need
the username, password and domain.  The username is available in the request
object but the password is not (probably for obvious reasons).  Is it
possible to obtain this information ?

Thank you.

  ~kas

VECTORsgi - leading provider of check image exchange software.
VECTORsgi's Consulting Services - image exchange strategy development and
deployment.
Image Exchange - VECTORsgi Gets You There!

Learn about VECTORsgi by using http://www.VECTORsgi.com