[jcifs] roles

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 00:27:16 GMT 2004

The jcifs-ext project has an extended filter which provides domain
group information:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcifs-ext/

The class name is "jcifs.http.AuthenticationFilter" instead of
"jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter", but other than that it should be pretty
much a drop-in replacement.  Just stick the jcifs-ext jarfile in with
the jCIFS jar and update web.xml to reference AuthenticationFilter.
If everything goes well, you should be able to do:

    request.isUserInRole("GROUPNAME");

to check if a user is in a given domain group.

Eric