[jcifs] roles

karla.smith at vectorsgi.com karla.smith at vectorsgi.com
Wed Aug 4 20:22:42 GMT 2004

Another newbie question - need a pointer in the right direction.  We want to
authenticate a user against a domain (authentication) and a role/group
(authorization), but I don't think that's possible.  If that's the case then
we need to check IsUserInRole for a particular Group.  Only the username and
domain will be available, not the password.  Would we need to look up the
roles that a user is a member of using Active Directory ?

Thank you.

  ~kas

VECTORsgi - leading provider of check image exchange software.
VECTORsgi's Consulting Services - image exchange strategy development and
deployment.
Image Exchange - VECTORsgi Gets You There!

Learn about VECTORsgi by using http://www.VECTORsgi.com