[jcifs] jCIFS breaks posts to ASP pages

Allistair Crossley Allistair.Crossley at QAS.com
Mon Apr 19 13:00:36 GMT 2004

Hi Guys

We are having reports that our ASP applications no longer function and I have discovered that the cause is jCIFS in some way. The parts of the ASPs that do not work are form posts (so form logins mainly). No form parameters are being passed.

I was able to get to a point where I could run the ASPs successfully and this was when I visited the ASP after opening a fresh IE window. However, when visiting our jCIFS web application and THEN going to the ASP application it failed with empty request form parameters.

I printed the http headers in the ASP test and the addition of HTTP_AUTHORISATION:NTLM is the only difference.

Can anyone recommend any solution to this problem?

Many thanks, ADC

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055