[jcifs] Unknown Host on workgroup, timeout?

MacDermid, Kenny kenny.macdermid at abridean.com
Thu Apr 15 14:01:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

I'm sometimes having a problem with trying to listFiles() on my current
workgroup. I get back:

jcifs.smb.SmbException: Unknown host: XPORT
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect0(SmbFile.java:646)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.sendTransaction(SmbFile.java:558)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doNetEnum(SmbFile.java:1458)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1409)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1334)
	at
Provisor.Handler.ShareBrowserHandler.makeResultSet(ShareBrowserHandler.j
ava:111)
	... 18 more

Now I'm in the XPORT workgroup, along with a lot of other machines. I
first connect to 'smb://' which works fine. Then listFiles() there,
which returns a list containing XPORT. When I attempt to listFiles() on
the XPORT smbfile I get the above exception after a short pause.

If I rerun this test it returns fine with no exceptions until after I
leave it for a while, or run it on a different machine (I'm guessing
there's a cache somewhere). Any ideas?

Some configuration info that might help:

Running on Windows XP
3 networks (2 virtual Vmware)
JCIFS 0.8.2

Thanks,