[jcifs] Binary File Upload to Multiple Servers?

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sat Sep 6 03:10:01 EST 2003

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 12:27:18PM +0530, Naved Khan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want upload binary files to multiple Win32 or Linux machines (servers).
> The file transfer should support resume in case of breaks.
> I want to use Java on Linux  (client). Would JCIFS be helpful in this case?
> I briefly skimmed through the docs and I think its possible. If any body has
> used jcifs in a similar scenario pls let me know.

It is possible, but the CIFS suite is a network filesharing suite and, as
such, is not really designed for things like transfer resumption.

It is possible, however, to implement all of the features you want using
jCIFS as a base.  Note, though, that jCIFS would simply provide you with
the file transfer--all the rest would require your own code.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org