[jcifs] JCIFS work with WIN 2000 domain server

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Oct 30 13:33:20 EST 2003

> Does JCIFS work in a WIN 2000 domain server
> network ? Does it work with Active Directory,
> DNS, etc.
>
> We cannot get JCIFS to browse and get the
> domain and list of computers in the WIN2K domain
> server environment.
>
> Are there any special settings in JCIFS to make
> this work ?

Currently jCIFS only works with NetBIOS over TCP/IP hosts. If you are
using Win2K/WinXP and AD without NetBIOS campatability it will not work.

A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are
conceptually similar and, more  important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.