[jcifs] WebSphere

eglass1 at comcast.net eglass1 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 22 18:59:48 EST 2003

I had seen this intermittently awhile back as well, but never had it cause any operational issues (other than the annoying messages dumped to stderr).  If I recall, it seemed to be caused by a timeout; I never got it when activity was occurring on the connection, but would get it on a background thread a couple minutes after i.e. an HTTP authentication with the NTLM filter.  Could the dc be closing the connection due to lack of activity?  I'll see if I can reproduce it; if that's all it is, the easiest fix might just be to skip the log statement for SocketExceptions.

Has anyone had any "bad" errors caused by this?

Eric