[jcifs] jcifs exception

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Oct 21 06:09:44 EST 2003

> Hi,
>
> with jcifs 0.7.14 and WebSphere on AIX and domain controler on Windows
> 2000
> i got this exception in server log:
> pa¼ 20 12:58:59.192 - exception reading from socket input:

This is a low-level socket error. The peer (I guess the domain controller)
closed the socket. This could be some odd iteraction between jCIFS and
WebSphere or the domain controller didn't like something we said.

> In my application i have NTMLServlet, but exception was thown not while
> request - but sometimes after request finished.
> This is error or i should ignore this?

It would be best if you could send me a packet capture. Personally could
not sigh-off on an application if it was incessantly throwing exceptions
like this.

A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are
conceptually similar and, more  important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.